Tea Cups and Roses


    Hi, today I have a little paper Tea Cup to share with you. This project was inspired by the new challenge over at Try it on Tuesday. I had  lot of trouble with taking the photo for this and I am sorry to say this was the best I could achieve. My camera doesn't seem to like glitter glue for some reason.
    For the Cup and Saucer I used my Silhouette to cut out the shapes and the paper layers, which are from K and Company. I edged the paper pieces with 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Ink and glued in place. I then added a coat of Artiste Glitter Varnish over the top to add a sheen and make it feel more like porcelain than paper.
    The roses I made by hand using some Artista Superlight Clay and coloured them with some decorating chalks in pink and yellow. I then added some Stickles glitter glue and allowed them to dry.
    The leaves were made by stamping an old wood mounted stamp that I have had for a while, but it doesn't have any writing on, so I don't know who's company it is from. I stamped the leaves with 'Rich Cocoa' Memento ink and coloured them with 'Peeled Paint' Distress Ink. I then cut them out and glued them to the back of the clay roses, before attaching them around the Cup.
    I finished my Tea Cup with a sentiment form Hobby Art's 'Birthday Collection' stamp set and filled the cup with some Tea Bags.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenge: Try it on Tuesday- Tea Cups

I hope you like my Cup and thanks for taking the time to visit.
       Sally.x.

Comments

Pamellia said…
Beautiful set Sally and such a great idea for a gift! Your roses turned out stunning, I love the yellow and pink together! I don't think I have ever met a camera that likes glitter glue, you're not alone with that pain! lol

While I'm here I will say Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Teacups' challenge! have a great weekend, hugs, Pamellia DT :)
Amazing project!
Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
Meggymay said…
A fabulous project, its a wonderful gift idea. Thank you for joining us at tiot's this time.
Yvonne
Debra K. said…
This is amazing Sally! What a brilliant gift this would make. The roses are just gorgeous especially with the glitter on. Love it! Debra x
This is beautiful - a lovely gift too! So pleased you joined us at try It On Tuesday! Chrisx
Carole Pollard said…
Hi Sally what a really pretty project the teacup shape and flowers are just delightful I love it . Glad I'm not the only one who cannot photograph glitter my iPad hates it and its not fond of green either!! Love and hugs Carole x