Hugs & Fishes


Hi, today I have a card to show you that uses some stamps from Creative Expressions. I have stamped the images with 'Tuxedo Black' Memento Ink and coloured with Copic Markers, then decoupaged them to create dimension. The dotty background papers are from 'My Minds Eye'. The Distressed wood paper has been made by painting some white card with Acrylic Paint, then run through an embossing folder, before being sanded and having 'Weathered Wood' Distress ink applied. I then cut a hole in the wood layer and peeled back the edges to create a sort of porthole. The Text stamp also came with the stamp sets. I then made some sand using some embossing powders and 'Glossy Accents' which is a Tutorial in Tim Holtz's blog. I finished the card with some shell embellishments and some pearls. The card measures 5 1/2 x 51/2 inches. 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges: 



Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by. 
     Sally.

Comments

Debra K. said…
I absolutely love this card! The octopus just makes me smile. The wood look card you've used is brilliant and looks so good. Then that wonderful sand and other stamped images. Wow!
I'm so sorry you missed my candy giveaway. I wish I had run it for a month now as you and another follower missed it. I'll make sure the next is longer as I kept thinking about you and Karen, hoping you'd see it. Ah well. Hope you're all well, cats included. Debra x
NGCARDS said…
This is a beautiful card hun :) Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx
rachel said…
Such a pretty make - I love this! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations and good luck! Hugs rachel x